This is where you can find vacancies that we have to join the BLENNZ team. We are often advertising for new staff to fill a range of roles which are advertised around the country.
Resource Producer – Tauranga Visual Resource Centre
20 hours per week, term time only (days and hours per day to be negotiated)
We are seeking a skilled resource producer to support the Manager and Resource Teachers Vision at our Tauranga based Visual Resource Centre. The position is covered by the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement.
The successful applicant will have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills and be able to liaise clearly and confidently with the BLENNZ community, schools and other agencies.
- Very competent computing skills, with a willingness to learn new systems as required.
- Strong organisational skills. Able to maintain effective filing and inventory systems. Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creativity in design with the ability or willingness to learn how to make resources specific to the needs of learners who are blind or have low vision
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to plan for and supervise a group of volunteers
- Ability to write Braille (or a willingness to learn)
Please send a letter of application and CV to:
Sharon Goldsmith, Blind and Low Vision Education Network, New Zealand, 53 Kendal Ave, Burnside, Christchurch 8053 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Email: email@example.com from whom a Job Description is available.
Applications close 3rdMay 2019.
Facilitator BLENNZ Early Learning Services (BELS)
Permanent Full time Position (APURT and 1MU) Based at Homai Campus, Manurewa, Auckland and commencing as soon as possible.
BLENNZ is looking for an innovative, experienced and skilled teacher to work with ākonga birth to 6 years who are blind, deafblind or have low vision and their whānau, working as part of a national team to develop and facilitate BLENNZ Early Learning Services. This involves the planning and presentation of courses for ākonga, whānau and BLENNZ staff both nationally and regionally. Distance support, including mentoring to enhance early childhood pedagogical knowledge and practice is key to this position. Partnership is essential across the wider early learning services.
Experience and qualifications in Vision Education are essential.
Please send a letter of application and CV to Elaine Gilmour, Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ, C/- 53 Kendal Avenue, Burnside, Christchurch 8053, or c/- firstname.lastname@example.org from whom a Job Outline is also available.
Applications close 26th April 2019.
BLENNZ Christchurch – Developmental Orientation and Mobility Specialist
BLENNZ are seeking applications for Developmental Orientation and Mobility Specialist in order to increase the growing teamin Christchurch.
The Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ (BLENNZ) is a special character national school that provides educational services to learners who are blind, deafblind or low vision. One of the services it provides is Developmental Orientation and Mobility (DOM) which is about techniques and support to learners, their whānau and educational team to optimise the learner’s ability to move and travel.
Qualified DOMsare invited to apply by submitting their CV and letter of application.
If you are not qualified but interested applications are welcome from those who meet the following criteria:
- Hold a relevant professional qualification e.g. OT/PT/Teaching/CEP etc.
- And have qualified for any degree from a New Zealand university or equivalent.
- Or provide evidence of sufficient practical/professional experience of an acceptable standard in an area relevant to the qualification.
Training over a three year period will be provided in partnership with Massey University through the Postgrad Diploma in Specialist Teaching programme.
Further details are available on inquiry. Significant travel is required.
For more information, please contact Kay Daly, Coordinator Developmental Orientation and Mobility Services, BLENNZ Homai Campus, Private Bag 801, Manurewa, Auckland 2243. Phone 021 614 280 or 09 266 7109 ext. 2015.
Please send or email a letter of application and CV to Sharon Goldsmith, Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ, C/- 53 Kendal Avenue, Burnside, Christchurch 8053, or email email@example.com
Applications close 26th April 2019.