This is where you can find vacancies that we have to join the BLENNZ team. We are often advertising for new staff to fill a range of roles which are advertised around the country.
BLENNZ Wellington –Administrator and/or Resource Producer
This would be for term time only and could be two positions or one position as below:
- Administrator, 20 hours per week
- Resource Producer, 20 hours per week
- Administrator/Resource Producer, 40 hours per week
We are seeking an administrator/resource producer to provide support to the Manager and Resource Teachers Vision at our Wellington Visual Resource Centre, based in Kelburn. The position is covered by the School Staff Collective Agreement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to liaise clearly and confidently with the BLENNZ community, schools and other agencies.
- Competent computing skills, with a willingness to learn new systems as required.
- Strong organisational skills and self-management. Able to maintain effective filing, inventory and accounting systems. Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Has the willingness to learn how to make resources specific to the needs of learners who are blind or have low vision, which can require a mix of creative interests such as craft, collage, and simple design.
- Ability to write Braille (or a willingness to learn)
Please send a letter of application and CV to:
Sharon Goldsmith, Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ, 53 Kendal Ave, Burnside, CHRISTCHURCH 8053
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (telephone: 03 375 4306) from whom a Job Description is available.
Applications close 12th December 2019.
Classroom Teacher – BLENNZ Homai Campus School
Permanent Full time Teacher position.
Due to an increasing roll, BLENNZ Homai Campus school is looking for dynamic and innovative teachers with current teacher registration and up-to-date knowledge of the NZ Curriculum with strengths in literacy and numeracy desirable. Support will be provided in the education of ākonga who are blind, deafblind or have low vision and those who may also have additional needs. The successful applicant will work in junior/intermediate classes, will have good interpersonal skills, be flexible with a good sense of humour, be a competent user of technology and demonstrate an ability to develop excellent working relationships parents/whānau, and educators.
Teachers without this experience are welcome to apply. All applicants are welcome to visit our campus.
How to apply
Please send a letter of application and a CV to Jane Thistlethwaite or email Carolyn, from whom a job description is also available.
Carolyn Barton, Executive Assistant,
PB 801, Manurewa, Manukau 2243,
(09) 266 7109.
Applications close 6th December 2019.