A highlight for BLENNZ DOM in 2020, was the inclusion of the service in the Lower North Island MOE Property Team meeting in May. Members of the BLENNZ team, Central Region Managers from Taranaki and Palmerston North and the National Coordinator for DOM attended the meeting. The presentation was led by Julie Bowen (DOM Specialist) who overviewed the role of BLENNZ DOM Specialists and RTVs as relates to school, to school transitions and to environmental advice.
Outcomes of this discussion were very positive including:
- Strengthening relationships through shared and open dialogue with members of the local MOE property team.
- Sharing the BLENNZ DOM Service Goal around safety and equitable access focusing on the following:
- We assess the learner, implementing a transition plan that includes environmental advice
- We value consistency through collaboration across the wider team including Ministry, school, community and home to support learners.
- BLENNZ DOM Service supports learners to become as independent as they wish to be in their schools and communities.