An introduction to the BLENNZ Board of Trustees
BLENNZ has a national board of trustees which is representative of BLENNZ parents and of the wider blindness education sector.
The role of the BLENNZ board is to govern the school, with a focus on providing an environment that fosters achievement for children and young people who are blind or low vision.
BoT Members and roles
Board Secretary: Janny Cooke (09) 266-7109 Extension: 2000
Chairperson: Mitch Harris and Homai Campus School Parent Trustee
Principal: Karen Stobbs
Parent Trustees – Visual Resource Centres:
- Nathaniel Louwrens
- Graeme Hood
- Christopher Michael Gunn
- David Cullen
Staff Elected Trustee: Kelly Doyle
- Wendy Chiang – Blind Citizens NZ
- Catherine Rae – Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind – Known as Blind Foundation
- Nigel Ngahiwi – Kāpō Māori
BoT Meeting venues and time
All BOT meetings are held on the Homai Campus on a Friday from 10.30am.
- February 22,
- March 29,
- June 21,
- August 23,
- November 1,
- December 6.
BoT Newsletters and Documents
- 2016 highlights.
- BOT Newsletter – Term 1 2018.
- BLENNZ Board of Trustees – Term 4 2018 Newsletter.
- 2019 BLENNZ Charter.
BLENNZ Official Documentation
Use these links to access the following documentation:
- 2017 Charter.
- 2017 Annual Plan.
- 2017 ERO Review.
- 2017 Annual Report.
- External Report Specialist Service Standards.
- 4.1 c-BLENNZ 2017 Independent Auditors Report.
- 4.1 b-BLENNZ 2017 Audited Financial Accounts.
- 4.1 d-BLENNZ 2017 Audited Accounts-Notes.
- 4.3 b-HECCET 2017 Audited Financial Statements.
- 4.3 c-HECCET 2017 Audited accounts-notes.
- 2018 Audited Accounts.
- 2018 Audited Accounts Notes.
- Audited Accounts Final.
- Letter for Readers of Annual Report.
- 2018 Statement of Variance Detailed to accompany Annual Report.
BLENNZ Policy Documents
If anyone would like further information regarding this policy please make contact through BLENNZ email or by calling us on 0800 253669.