Resource Producer – BLENNZ Tauranga
20 hours per week, term time only (days and hours per day to be negotiated) (Pay as per Administration Scale)
We are seeking a skilled resource producer to support the Visual Resource Centre. The position is covered by the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement.
The successful applicant will have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competent computing skills
- Strong organisational skills. Able to maintain effective filing and inventory systems. Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Creativity in design with the ability or willingness to learn how to make resources specific to the needs of learners who are blind or have low vision
- Ability to write Braille (or a willingness to learn)
Please send a letter of application and CV to: Please send a letter of application and CV to Sharon Goldsmith, email@example.com from whom a Job Description is also available.
Applications close Monday 30th June 2022.
Developmental Orientation and Mobility Specialists
Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ (BLENNZ) are seeking applications for trainee Developmental Orientation and Mobility Specialists (2) in order to increase the growing team. One position will be based in Wellington, the second in the Waikato Region although some national travel is required.
The Blind and Low Vision Education Network New Zealand (BLENNZ) is a special character national school that provides educational services to learners who are blind, deafblind or low vision. One of the services it provides is Developmental Orientation and Mobility (DOM) which is about techniques and support to learners, their whānau and educational team to optimise the learner’s ability to move and travel safely.
Applications are welcome from those who meet the following criteria
- Hold a relevant professional qualification e.g. OT/PT/CEP
- And have qualified for any degree from a New Zealand university or equivalent
- Or provide evidence of sufficient practical/professional experience of an acceptable standard in an area relevant to the qualification
Training over a three year period will be provided in partnership with Massey University. Postgrad Diploma in Specialist Teaching
For more information, please contact Kay Daly, Coordinator Developmental Orientation and Mobility Services at Kay.Daly@blennz.school.nz.
Please email a letter of application and CV to Trish Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 07 June 2022.
Manager – BLENNZ Gisborne (2MU + SDA + APURT)
BLENNZ seeks an experienced professional leader and manager with proven expertise, to lead a teaching team who provide quality learning and teaching to ākonga (birth to 21 years) who are blind, deafblind or have low vision and who live in the Gisborne / East Cape region.
This position requires a New Zealand registered teacher who has the ability to establish excellent working relationships with ākonga, parents, whānau, teachers, professionals and sector partners.
Both experience and qualifications in Vision Education are essential.
Please send letters of application and CVs to Elaine Gilmour, Blind and Low Vision Education Network NZ, 53 Kendal Avenue, Burnside, Christchurch 8053, or c/– email@example.com from whom a Job Description is also available.
Applications close: Friday 20th May 2022