Learning and growing together: supporting early learning pedagogy and practice across BLENNZ Aotearoa. BELS is the early learning staff mentoring and coaching provider of BLENNZ. We promote research based early intervention practices with a focus on whānau centred, active learning and routines-based approaches, using a coaching framework. The role of BELS is to ensure Resource Teachers Vision (RTV) are well prepared to help whānau and caregivers enhance the early learning and development of their infant or young child who is blind, deafblind or low vision.
BELS Tamariki and Whānau Courses (Early Childhood Immersion)
BELS facilitate Tamariki and Whānau Courses on our BLENNZ Homai Campus. Please refer here for further information.
Homai Early Childhood Centre
The Homai Early Childhood Centre is a specially designed early childhood environment for tamariki who are blind, deafblind and low vision, and their whānau and support people. It is located on BLENNZ Homai Campus, 2 McVilly Road, Manurewa and operated by BELS.
What is this space used for?
- Professional Education Programmes for RTV throughout BLENNZ
- Community Professional Education Programmes
- Early Childhood Immersion courses for whānau and their tamariki
- BLENNZ National Assessment Service
- Local BLENNZ whānau groups
- National Early Childhood Resource Hub